Flour 2 cups
Sugar 1/4th cup
Baking powder 2 tsp
Salt 1/4th tsp
Whipped cream 1 cup
Heavy cream 1 cup
Powdered sugar 2 tbsps
Strawberries - hulled and chopped.
Sugar - To sprinkle over the strawberries
1) Wash strawberries in cold water. Drain, hull and slice it. Add sugar and mix well. Let it stand aside for 20-30 mins.
2) Preheat oven to 200o C / 400 o F. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Add the sugar to it.
3) Then gradually add the whip cream with a fork. Mix the dough together but don't knead. Make a log and cut into 6 odd slices.
4) Bake in oven for 15 mins or till golden brown.
5) Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Slit cake into half using a serrated knife.
6) Beat heavy cream with a beater until stiff, and gradually stir in powdered sugar. Spoon half of the topping over the cake , put some chopped strawberries. Put the other half of the cake on top. Garnish with cream and strawberries.
Tip: You may substitute the cream for topping with scoops of Vanilla Ice cream for an exciting variation.