Dry Yeast : 1 tsp
Sugar : 1 tsp
Warm Milk : 120ml/ 1/2 cup
Refined Flour : 225 gms/ 7.9 oz
Egg : 1
Jam : 50 gms/ 1.75 oz
Butter : 50 gms/ 1.75 oz
1. Mix yeast with warm milk and a tsp of sugar and keep aside for half an hour. Then add the beaten egg to it.
2. Mix the butter into the sieved flour. Put the yeast mixture into it by making a well in the centre. Knead well to a soft dough.
3. Keep aside. Let it be double in size.
4. Knead lightly. Divide dough into seven portions. Roll out lightly.
5. Put some jam in each and press the edges together. Keep it aside to rise.
6. Fry in hot oil (about 5 minutes) and drain and toss in sugar.