Refined flour : 225 gms/ 7.90 ounces
Butter : 115 gms/ 4.05 ounce
Chopped cashew nuts : 55 gms/ 1.94 ounce
Grated Lemon Rind : 1/2 tsp
Milk to mix : 1 tbsp
Egg : 1
Sugar : 55 gms/ 1.94 ounce
Glace Cherries : 30 gms/ 1.06 ounce
1. Cream fat and sugar. Add beaten egg to it.
2. Add milk and the sieved flour alternately. Knead the dough soft.
3. Divide into small walnut sized balls. Dip in slightly beaten egg white.
4. Roll some nuts into it. Press half a cherry into centre of each knob.
5. Put on a greased tray and bake at 175oC (about 350oF) for 20-25 minutes.