Sweet Potatoes : 1/2 kg/ 17.64 ounces
Grated coconut : 2 cups
Jaggery : 3/4 th cup
Cardamom Powder : 1/ 2 tsp
1. Boil the sweet potatoes. Peel and mash it. Add salt. Keep aside.
2. Place a heavy bottomed vessel on a flame. Add coconut and jaggery. Cook it on slow flame till a dry mixture is formed. Add cardamom powder.
3. Use a plastic sheet. Make small balls of the sweet potato dough. Roll it out into a small chappati (disc), carefully.
4. Put one tablespoon of the coconut mix on the disc in the centre. Fold it like half moon. Press at the borders to seal it.
5. On a frying pan, put some ghee/clarified butter. Fry till golden brown on both sides.