Gulab Jamun Khoya or unsweetened Khoya : 500 gms
Sugar : 500 gms
Cardamom : 7-8
Water : 2-1/2 Cups
Cornflour : 100 gms
Rose Essence : 1 tablespoon
Soda : 1 pinch
Saffron : a pinch
1. Bring the water, rose water and sugar to boil. Add saffron to it, remove from fire. Keep aside.
2. Mash the khoya in hand and pass it through a fine sieve.
3. Make powder of the cardamom. Add to it along with the cornflour.
4. Mix cooking soda in little water. Add to the mixture above. Mix all the ingredients above but don't knead too much.
5. Then make small balls and fry over low flame. Keep over sieve for excess oil to drain off.
6. When you put the gulab jamun in sugar syrup, it must be quite warm.
SIMPLE N EASY GULAB JAMUN
Take 2 ½ cups dry milk powder. Add ½ cup all purpose Flour ( Maida) , 1/8 th tsp cooking soda and 1 ½ cups heavy cream. Knead well till a soft dough is made. Add cardamom powder. Make small balls and fry in oil/ ghee till golden brown. Put in sugar syrup as explained above.