Milk : 2 Cups
Rice Flour : 75 gms
Sugar free : 7 measures or 50 gms Sugar
Saffron : A few strands
Cashewnuts : 2 tablespoon (crushed and grinded into paste)
Raisins / tuttifrutti / cherries for garnishing.
1. Boil the milk.
2. Add the rice flour, cashewnut paste and mix well so that no lumps are formed, let it be thick.
3. Add the sugar free and stir.
4. Add the saffron mixed in little warm milk
5. Pour the phirni in earthern bowls.
6. Add cherries/ tuttifrutti / cherries for garnishing.
For a more creamier Phirni you may add a tin if condensed milk and omit the sugar.